1. Complete the V.O.I.C.E. Application and return it to our office.
2. Complete the personal references form and return it with your application.
3. If your application is selected for review, you will be fingerprinted and a background check will be
4. If the investigation is completed of your background and character references without any issues, you will
be called in for an interview.
5. If the interview panel feels like you and the V.O.I.C.E. Program will make a great team, you will
be presented with the opportunity to enter the V.O.I.C.E. - Volunteer Academy.
6. If you choose to accept the opportunity, you will attend the Volunteer Academy.
7. After graduating the Volunteer Academy, you will be assigned to a duty station that is best suitable to
your skills and abilities.
V.O.I.C.E. Program Requirements
1. Must be physically able to carry out the duties that you are assigned. Some examples include:
If you choose to direct traffic, then you must be able to stand for extended amounts of time.
If you choose to assist with clerical duties, then you must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
If you choose to assist with answering the switchboard, then you must be able to speak clearly.
If you choose to assist with transports, then you must be able to ride in a vehicle, without stopping,
to the predetermined, designated location.
2. Must not use illegal drugs or abuse prescription drugs.
3. Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
4. Must be able to commit to a minimum of one (1), four (4) hours shift per each calendar month.
5. Must complete the Volunteer Academy.
6. Must not have been convicted of a felony.