Citizens who are eligible to be clients of the Project Lifesaver program are as follows;
1. Must be a PERMANENT resident of Columbus County.
2. Must be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Downs Syndrome, Autism or and other verified mental related disorder.
3. Must have a caregiver that is with them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
4. Must NOT be allowed to operate ANY kind of motor vehicle.
5. If the client is in a long-term care facility, the device must be paid for in advance with the client and caregivers understanding that the fee is for the use of the system and that the Sheriff’s Office owns the device (without exception).
6. Any client or caregiver must understand that the service is being provided because they requested it. If any willful attempt to destroy or alter the device occurs it will be grounds for them to be permanently removed from the program.