Deputy J. Cox Deputy S. Fowler
The Columbus County School Resource Officer (SRO) program provides Deputy Sheriffs as a School Resource Officers. The Columbus County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Team has sixteen (16) members.
- One (1) Supervising Lieutenant
- Two (2) Sergeants
- Eleven (11) Deputies
This is a very successful program; the Officers become a role model to the students and also act as a crime deterrent. The one-on-one relationship between the students and the Officers allows problems to be solved before they escalate beyond control. The Officers also work in conjunction with the School Officials to maintain a safe and orderly environment at the school.
The primary duty of a SRO is to provide services for the safety and well being of all students, teachers, staff, and visitors to the school to which he/she is assigned.
SRO duties also include:
The Columbus County Schools served are as follows:
- Security for school staff and students.
- Investigation of reported crimes on school campus.
- Protection of school grounds and property
- Insuring a harmonious relationship between the officer and students.
- Interacting with students.
- Giving law enforcement lectures and related presentations to students.
- Acme Delco Elementary
- Cerro Gordo Elementary
- Chadbourn Elementary
- Columbus Career and College Academy
- Columbus Charter School
- Evergreen Elementary
- Guideway Elementary
- Hallsboro Elementary
- Old Dock Elementary
- Tabor City Elementary
- Williams Township Elementary